Flipper International School follows the Ethiopian National curriculum in coordination with the British National Curriculum, with aspects of the Montessori Educational System at the Early Years Level. Through the curriculum, FIS strives to stimulate and encourage students to acquire the skills and knowledge that enables them to be independent, creative global thinkers with high moral values.
Education at FIS
- Within the Ethiopian and the British National curriculum framework the school follows a play and learn educational philosophy for preschool age children. The school has integrated aspects of the Montessori educational system at the Early Years level.
- The following subjects are taught at grade levels:
- English, Math, Science, Geography, Design and Technology and ICT extracted from the Ethiopian and the British Curriculum. Amharic, Environmental science and Citizenship classes are also taught to Ethiopian Nationals as per the Ethiopian Curriculum.
- The school lays good foundation for Ethiopian Nationals to enable Ethiopian Students to sit for all required National Examinations.
- Physical Education, Music, Art are also part of the curriculum.
- French is given as an additional language from Grade 2 onwards
- Assessments and Standard Examinations:
- The school currently administers the British National Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 Standard Assessments and has future plans to provide Ethiopian and International Standardized Examinations at the middle school and high school levels.